Laurie Veska Database and Resource Geologist
Laurie is located in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia and can be contacted via email at: lveska_at_lveska_dot_com, visit me on LinkedIn, or fill out the form at the bottom of this page if you prefer.
Mobile: +61 4 0802 5021
Experience and capability statement
I have 25+ years of geological experience, this has been gained in a number of areas including exploration, migrating geoscientific data, designing and modelling databases and calculating mineral resources to JORC 2012 standard using Surpac software.
My geological background includes work in the resources industry (gold, iron ore, base metals, nickel and tin) in WA and on the West Coast of Tasmania. I am a current member of the AIG.
I have considerable data management experience – this has been gained programming and developing within industry-strength Oracle and SQL Server environments, as well as desktop database software such as Microsoft Access. I have years of experience developing and maintaining complex database web applications using Java – Enterprise Java Beans (EJB) and Web Services, PL/SQL Forms, Oracle Application Express, as well as Android and the .NET framework.
My IT background, coupled with my formal qualifications and industry experience in exploration, resource and mine geology represents a rare mix of skills that I have to offer. I have a proven ability to work equally well in exploration geology, IT, or in my specialist and preferred area: geological data management and mineral resource estimation.
Laurie Veska – Key services:
- mineral resource estimation and reporting (JORC 2012)
- geoscientific database modelling and design
- geology/drilling data-entry application alterations and upgrades (Java, .NET, MS Access etc.), 15 years experience working with SQL and Oracle systems
- design of customised validation procedures
- data migration and independent data quality reviews and reports
- GIS development (MapInfo/ArcView/Quantum GIS)
- Surpac 3D modelling and resource calculations
- GIS and property/tenement data compilations, due diligence
For EL holders in Tasmania:
If you are a local, or an interstate-based resources company and hold an exploration licence in Tasmania, I can provide various types of assistance with your exploration program including those listed below. Please contact me to discuss your requirements.
- drill rig supervision and general geological work
- exploration result announcements
- exploration annual report collation and preparation
- tenement management including renewal submissions and expenditure reporting
- documentation and technical report drafting
Comments or questions are welcome.