I am located in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia and can be contacted via email at: lveska_at_lveska_dot_com, visit me on LinkedIn, or fill out the form at the bottom of this page if you prefer.
Mobile: +61 4 0802 5021
I have been migrating geoscientific data, administering and programming GIS software, designing and modelling databases and working as a geologist for more than 20 years. This experience was gained both in the resources industry, and also in the IT industry where I focussed on database development and programming. I have no particular allegiance to any specific commercial geological software and have in fact developed my own web-based system named CoreStore.
My database experience has been gained programming and developing within industry-strength Oracle and SQL Server environments, as well as desktop database software such as Microsoft Access. I have solid experience developing and maintaining complex database web applications using Java – Enterprise Java Beans (EJB) and Web Services, PL/SQL Forms, Oracle Application Express, as well as Android and the .NET framework.
My IT background, coupled with my formal qualifications and industry experience in exploration and mine geology (10 years+) represents a rare mix of skills that I have to offer. I have a proven ability to work equally well in exploration geology, IT, or in my specialist and preferred area: geological data management and geological application development.
Laurie Veska – Key services:
- geoscientific database modelling and design
- geology/drilling data-entry application alterations and upgrades (Java, .NET, MS Access etc.), 15 years experience working with SQL and Oracle systems
- design of customised validation procedures
- data migration and independent data quality reviews and reports
- GIS development (MapInfo/ArcView/Quantum GIS)
- Surpac 3D modelling and assistance with resource calculations
- GIS and property/tenement data compilations, due diligence
For EL holders in Tasmania:
If you are a local, or an interstate-based resources company and hold an exploration licence in Tasmania, I can provide various types of assistance with your exploration program including those listed below. Please contact me to discuss your requirements.
- drill rig supervision and general geological work
- exploration result announcements
- exploration annual report collation and preparation
- tenement management including renewal submissions and expenditure reporting
- documentation and technical report drafting
Comments or questions are welcome.